How to add a song to the Instagram story?
The Instagram stories are a beautiful representation of what is on the user’s mind and can be used to communicate, share news and information, or entertain videos or messages across the platform. As this feature is highly addictive and popularly used, Instagram provides the users with its own library of music and tunes in addition, music streaming services such as Spotify, Shazam, and SoundCloud.
To a story, music can be added directly from Instagram's library.
- Click on the plus (+) sign on the top of the Instagram application. Scroll and select the story option on the navigation bar or long-press your story and tap add to your story or swipe right to open the camera and capture the photo or video and click on the option your story.
- To add a song to the story, swipe up to open sticker options and select MUSIC sticker.
- A library of the latest music appears which can be navigated through genres, mood, preferences, or what’s popular today and search a song, artist, album. Press the play button to hear short clips.
- To select the desired song for the story, tap on the song name.
- Instagram allows the user to scroll through the song lyrics and select the perfect suitable line for their stories. Press the letter button located above the music player and swipe left to select font options. Move the slider bar and choose the desired verse or tune from the song.
- Click ‘done’ and the song gets attached to the story in form of a sticker which can be located anywhere on the screen.
- Tap your story icon to publish the story.
- To add music from the Spotify application:
- Play the desired song in the Spotify app.
- Click on the ellipsis icon and select the share option.
- Select Instagram, your story on Instagram opens with the selected song as the cover art.
- Now text, sticker, or other effects can be added.
- Click your story option to post the story with selected music.
- This story contains a link back to Spotify app, the viewers can click on ‘play on Spotify to launch it in the app.
A similar procedure follows when we desire to share music from other streaming apps like Shazam and Soundcloud.